The backbone of any successful online enterprise or personal brand is a strong social media presence, and apps like TikTok and Instagram are ideal for this. They are the most effective method of reaching out to fans and customers while also showcasing your goods and services. That’s why you should always include a link in your TikTok bio. If someone finds you and is interested in learning more, you can direct them to the appropriate page. Whether it’s a website for showcasing one’s work, a web business, or simply another online social gathering place.
So, you want to improve your TikTok profile by including a link. Read on to learn about the many types of links that can be included in your TikTok bio. In addition, you will get the knowledge required to implement this function on your own website.
Include a URL in your TikTok bio
Let’s address the most obvious problem first. A business account is required to add a clickable link to your bio. How to make the switch to a different kind of account will be covered in greater detail below. If you don’t want to convert your account, you still have options.
Where can one find a list of the available links for inclusion in one’s TikTok bio?
You may include a link to your personal website in your TikTok bio if you’d like. Just don’t expect any links to work. Your URL, therefore, should be succinct and simple to remember. But, it is asking a lot to expect users to remember URLs and enter them manually.
It’s important to remember that you can include references to your profiles on other sites, such as Instagram and YouTube. You can direct your followers to your profiles on various social media sites by including links to them there.
Linking your TikTok bio: the ins and outs
Including a link to your Instagram or YouTube channel in your profile is a breeze. Simply, all you have to do is…
- Choose “Profile” from the app’s menu.
- Use the Profile > Edit link.
- Choose an app to add to your profile, such Instagram or YouTube.
- In order to use these services, you must log in.
- Business TikTok accounts: here’s how to include a link in your bio
Converting your TikTok account to a business account is the only guaranteed way to add personal links to your bio, as you read above.
Upgrade Your Account
The good news is that it’s not difficult at all to accomplish. And here’s exactly how to accomplish that:
- Choose the Profile menu in TikTok.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner for the menu.
- In order to change to a business profile, use the menu item Manage Account > Switch to Business Account > Next.
- Select a choice that best describes your company, then click the Next button.
Upgrading your TikTok profile can help to access more things on your TikTok account.
Having switched to a business profile, you can now include a custom link in your bio as follows.
If you haven’t done so already, select the Profile menu item.
Add your website to your profile by selecting the Edit profile option.
Simply enter your Link and select the Save button.
A link in my TikTok bio would be great, so why can’t I add one?
You may still have trouble adding a link to your TikTok bio even after upgrading to a business account. Some common difficulties that may lead to broken links are as follows:
- When viewed on a computer, only the TikTok mobile app will display your bio’s clickable links. Make sure you’re using a mobile device rather than a desktop computer.
- Your own: Most people give attention to your profile. In spite of being able to switch to a company profile, you’re still using your personal profile.
- Your account does not have access to this feature. TikTok has permitted this for the vast majority of its users, but there are still a few holdouts. If this describes you, I’m sorry to say there is currently no solution.
- Promoting your business can be as simple as including a link in your TikTok bio. This is how you may send folks straight to your online store or showcase your work samples. After reading this, you should be able to convert your page to a business account with minimal effort.